Environmentalists say it’s the latest example of how Bolsonaro, who campaigned on promises to revive Latin America’s largest economy by cutting red tape, is pushing aside warnings and scientific evidence in the name of progress. It comes at a time when Brazil, one of the world’s largest oil producers and energy consumers, is moving toward the privatization of several industries, including offshore exploration.Read More
3D technology being used to locate new Alaska oil pockets PRUDHOE BAY, Alaska — New technology is...Read More
WWF sounds alarm after 48 lbs of plastic found in dead whaleRead More
The Latest: Company says damaged gasoline tank stable HOUSTON — The Latest on fire damage at a...Read More
PG&E objects to judge’s proposals to prevent wildfires SAN FRANCISCO — Pacific Gas &...Read More
People near burned Texas chemical plant told to stay indoors HOUSTON — Authorities on Thursday...Read More
Monsanto found responsible for cancer case by US courtA US jury on Tuesday found Bayer AG’s...Read More
Unusual alliance in Sri Lanka forged to save blue whales When the feeding grounds of blue whales...Read More
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman cemented a $10 billion deal for a refining and petrochemical complex in China on Friday, meeting Chinese President Xi Jinping.Read More
Colorado-based Newmont Mining Corp. announced on Friday that its $10 billion deal to purchase Vancouver-based Goldcorp Inc. is moving forward after the latter obtained an interim plan of arrangement, throwing cold water on the idea that Newmont is interested in a merger with Barrick Gold Corp.Read More
A Portland petroleum terminal is significantly expanding its capacity to unload rail carsRead More
Warren Buffett gives Canada’s oilpatch a boost with fresh stake in SuncorRead More
- Investors take 'Spring Break' from risk assets, pulling cash from junk-bond fundsInvestors took a break from their buying binge of risk assets in the week ended Wednesday, as U.S.-based high-yield junk bond funds posted $520 million in cash withdrawals, according to Refinitiv’s...
- U.S. may mull cutting debt issuance: Bank of America Merrill LynchThe U.S. Treasury Department may float the idea of reducing the issuance of coupon-bearing debt at its upcoming May refunding after the Federal Reserve's decision to end its balance sheet...
- Fewer Americans seeing crucial Social Security document due to budget cuts(The opinions expressed here are those of the author, a columnist for Reuters.)
- UBS Wealth closes U.S. equity overweight, favors emerging stocksUBS Global Wealth Management has closed its overweight position in U.S. equities and shifted to an overweight in emerging market and Japanese stocks, it said on Thursday.
- Collapsed hedge fund Columna sues Permira-backed former managersThe new managers of Columna Commodities Fund, a Luxembourg hedge fund which went into liquidation in early 2017, have said they are suing its former managers Alter Domus for $56 million in lost...
- Trump accuses Hillary Clinton of 'destroying the lives' of his campaign staffers | TheHill - The HillTrump accuses Hillary Clinton of 'destroying the lives' of his campaign staffers | TheHill The HillMueller Report findings: What Donald Trump actually did in 2016 Vox.comHillary Clinton warns Dems about impeachment push, says she was 'target of a Russian plot' Fox NewsThe Trump Campaign Conspired With the Russians. Mueller Proved It. The New York TimesThe Mueller report's crucial warning: […]
- 'Gorilla selfie': Congolese ranger tells how he snapped viral photo - The Guardian'Gorilla selfie': Congolese ranger tells how he snapped viral photo The GuardianHow a Congo park ranger got gorillas to pose like humans for a selfie Chicago TribunePicture perfect - Congo ranger's gorilla selfie goes viral ReutersView full coverage on Google News
- Trump pressure will fail because Iran has a 'Ph.D. in sanctions busting,' says Iran's Zarif - NBC NewsTrump pressure will fail because Iran has a 'Ph.D. in sanctions busting,' says Iran's Zarif NBC NewsIran's Zarif warns US of 'consequences' over oil sanctions | Al Jazeera English Al Jazeera EnglishOil prices fall, pulling back from the week's six-month highs CNBCReturn of Iran sanctions work against Trump's oil objectives | TheHill The HillTrump Doesn’t Want a “Better” Deal […]
- Trump admin aiming for major nuclear deal with Russia and China - CNNTrump admin aiming for major nuclear deal with Russia and China CNNTrump orders staff to prepare arms-control push with Russia and China The Washington PostView full coverage on Google News
- Kim Jong Un: US acted in bad faith at Vietnam talks - Aljazeera.comKim Jong Un: US acted in bad faith at Vietnam talks Aljazeera.comThe United States acted in "bad faith" in Vietnam where President Donald Trump and his team held talks with North Korea, its leader Kim Jong Un said during a ...View full coverage on Google News